coppia cerca donna Bologna Senate’s Majority Floor Leader Tito Sotto revealed how much money did the Philippines contributed to the International Criminal Court (ICC) as its member last year.
uomo cerca donna Grosseto According to Sotto, the Philippines contributed millions of pesos to the ICC.
donna cerca uomo Lecce He believed that the money contributed by the country was one of the reason why the ICC is trying to convince the government to retract the witdrawal.
“Our last payment to ICC was € 397,896 (euros) or php 25,404,938. Kaya pala ayaw tayo paalisin!” Sotto tweeted.
— Tito Sotto (@sotto_tito) March 19, 2018
In an interview, he also said that the Philippines didn’t gain anything from being a member of ICC.
“Hindi ko alam, ano bang napapala natin doon?” Sotto told the journalists.
Yesterday, the senate discussed about the decision of President Rodrigo Duterte to leave the ICC and one of their topics are the contributions by the Philippines to the said state party.
Meanwhile, pro-Duterte blogger Krizette Laureta Chu shared that the Philippines is one of the ‘most outstanding contributors’ by the ICC despite of being a third world country.
European Union is the biggest contributor of ICC which finances 60 to 64 percent of its budget.
She also said that aside from it’s members, the ICC also accepted donations from private people, corporations and other entities.
But according to her, despite of the big funding, ICC has many pending cases that must be prioritized first, but they still push with the investigation of accusations against President Rodrigo Duterte.
Chu also believed that the ICC ‘dances to the tune of its biggest contributor, the EU’ so people should not put their trust to the institution that being funded by ‘mysterious donors’.
Last week, President Rodrigo Duterte decided to withdraw the ICC because of being ‘unfair’ to the current administration.
This was after the ICC decided to launch an investigation on the ‘crimes against humanity’ accusations against Duterte who launched the war against illegal drugs.
The case was filed by Attorney Jude Sabio, who’s now staying abroad.
In response, ICC officials urged the Philippines to have a dialog and they even willing to send a representative to the country to talk with the Duterte administration.
However, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said that the plan negotiations of ICC is already too late.
“Too late the hero. Let him talk to that prosecutor,” Roque said in a statement.